Does renewal get you the Meteor?

Ian-358801

I cannot find whether or not renewing members get the bonus model, the Meteor for 2023.

I assume it is as the annual fee is the same, but I could be wrong.

I have an interest in Meteors having worked with them so would kick myself if I missed out by renewing rather than lapsing and joining.

Can someone please clarify?

Edit: To help new readers, the answer is yes, you do, and you get 10% discount.

Thanks again to everyone who helped answer this.

This is from an email I received yesterday.

A new dawn has begun, the 2023 Airfix Club is officially here and with it, we have introduced the newly tooled and exclusive 1:72 Gloster Meteor FR.9!

With a membership, you get 10% discount across the entire Airfix range, including pre-orders of any 2023 additions. Don’t forget, with each new kit, you can claim flying hours tokens and claim free kits back with an Airfix Club Flying Hours Passport.

What do I get?

Exclusive kit – NEW TOOL 1:72 Gloster Meteor FR.9

Airfix Club passport to claim free kits

10% discount on ALL products at airfix.com

New club pin badge

Welcome letter, confirming your membership

‘Keep calm and build’ poster

Club magazines

Annual wall calendar

…and more!

As a member, you get first dibs on Airfix giveaways and competitions and there are some BIG treats hiding in the Member’s Area right now. Don’t miss out, these won’t be around for long!

What are you waiting for?

Thanks all for that and your time. You’ve put my mind at rest.

I've just renewed and got the 10% discount, something else not explicit in the comms (yes, we get 10% off orders but I couldn’t find anything saying membership was an order for this purposes).

Ratch, good point. I did think of calling Airfix but thought putting it here would help others more and I was short of time and couldn’t call yesterday.

Adrian, I got the same email but the header was

‘Three reasons you should join the club’ which was ambiguous as I had already joined.

I look forward to seeing you all on the forum in the coming year

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, it's been six months now - and nothing new regarding a US "goodie box" - as noted, my query was forwarded to a US rep, but nothing heard since then.

Think I'll shoot another note to HQ and see if I can get a response; would sure be nice if we in the US could get a Member's Kit each year we renew. Don't think it would be that hard to do - the UK has it figured out, so maybe follow their lead?