Millwood begins (my layout).

Too Tall

Well, still got the "heck no" vibe everytime I had to go into the room, so Henry came out and gobbled it up blush

I had a lot of fine grade in the mix, which I think wasn't helping me, so I ordered some more medium and will try again when that arrives.

• 4 weeks later...

Recently I have spent some time with some ballasting, a lot more to do.

But mostly working on a few of the peco laser cut kits and a cheapie cardboard kit for terraced housing.

I think a coat of clear is next for the laser kits, then a bit of dirtying !

forum_image_643eb5146b266.thumb.png.dcd2b4793e55edf7012b13cb9f5337a3.png

Yes 2 together and I switched the back and front walls around so the extension was all windows.

I will have one engine parked one way round in the engine shed and another opposite, for the up and down lines, that way I avoid the need for a return loop or turntable !

I just need to clarify if trains drove on the right or the left on dual lines !

Platform surfaces were a mix of materials, asphalt was quite common on the types of station you are modelling, with stone or concrete edging. Did I see you had got some weathering powders? You could also try some dry brushing different shades to break up the uniform colour or do a couple of patches where repairs could be done.

Hi Rallymatt,, yes some dry brushing and rubbing now done as above.

Possibly too subtle but enough to break up the uniformity I feel.

Still learning lots of new things, and not all of it coming out how I imagined, (ballast case in point) but old dogs like me, take a while to learn new tricks blush

Work started today on modifying and assembling the factory building.

This is going to be Millwood Pottery Co.

As there was only one entrance and it was the wrong end, I needed to do some work to make it fit my layout.

So some peco brick paviours were utilized to be the builders modification to the original Victorian factory brick work.

Now we have an interior platform for loading goods out onto wagons, the original platform on the end will be the coal in for the furnace, I will need to make a door or double door in the wall so the offloaded coal can be barrowed into the factory furnace at the other side of the building.

Original factory plan is as below:

forum_image_6444057697a3e.thumb.png.8ad1e5d42a79acf5b7ad864659bf6e19.png

and the basics are in, arch knocked through, extended goods in/out managers office and loading platform fitted, one external door opening bricked up, and door moved to open onto platform.

forum_image_6444057be2afe.thumb.png.0b79319d158496c66343fa7374149901.png

forum_image_6444057ea640b.thumb.png.f1c99e3a8db500320a5bcfd1c581c366.png

I will do some closed double doors on the interior wall for outgoing products. I was thinking of a roller door, but I am not sure they were commonplace in late 40's early 50's?!

Obviously the joins need some tidying up, but all in due course !

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the fixed supports are made from 2 layers of 30mm foam board. The top section is one piece of 30mm foamboard with some other foam board shapes roughing out the elevation changes and rocks. The top board can be lifted off for track cleaning or incident rescue !

I just hope when I add the plaster cloth, it doesn't add too much weight as its very light right now grinning

Eventually it will be the location for a Church and graveyard, and a Shepard's cottage.