RailMaster suddenly running very slowly

For some reason I cannot fathom RailMaster has suddenly started to run incredibly slow to the point it really is unusable and unstable.

My PC performs as normal with all other applications, and I have not installed any new applications or updated the progamme (I am running the latest version). Laptop running Windows 11, there have been no hardware changes, and I am using the same Hornby Elite controller, same USB cable, same PC port.

It takes about half a minute to run, then another half a minute to connect to the controller. When I try and open the locos menu it takes about a minute to open, and the timer freezes, then jumps several seconds, then freezes again. When I then try and 'get CVs' the screen won't open and I eventually get the Windows 'this programme has stopped responding' pop up. I can't even open Task Manager to stop the programme running.

I do have a large loco database, but haven't added any new locos since I last ran RailMaster.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Michael, It does not help your problem other than to suggest it may be a local problem because I have just started my RailMaster up to check the situation and run a program and it all runs perfectly.