Sound files for Hornby International?

LukeS

Lets hope so.

I asked that question during the youtube Q&A a couple of weeks ago. There was no mention of any plans at present but it wasn't ruled out. The files already exist as they are used on the loksound equipped models so releasing/editing them for HM DCC shouldn't be too difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

They said yesterday, on the podcast, that they will come - eventually - but we are talking years from now.

They are currently focusing on getting the system up to speed and ironing out the bugs with all the feedback from users. International sounds are currently not a priority.

Hi,

To clarify some of the points.

Whilst Hornby International has always produced DCC Sound fitted versions of its models, they always used in the past a 3rd party DCC chip. The HM7000 system uses sound files in a very different way and we wanted to go back to the source files and remaster each set of sounds. This will take time. In some cases where we do not own or have the rights to the source sounds we'll need to start from scratch and find recordings or make them ourselves.

That said, we're working on this project actively and in parallel with app development, so sounds will not take 'years' to start arriving.

Tim

Thanks for the update and clarification. I look forward to these becoming available.

It would be nice if Hornby international could perhaps feature more interactively online - a sort of multilingual Beyond the buffers podcast or edition of Signal Box for YouTube? This would give many of us the chance to ask questions and give feedback. It would be also nice, in my opinion, for the International brands to allow picture posting on their Facebook comments - it is allowed on the Hornby FB page (and those of Roco and Marklin) which so often is full of great pictures of Hornby products in action!