Hello , i have few questions about scalextric fan club in israel .

Hello everyone ,

im looking for to create a scalextric fan racer club in israel .

since this honnie is abonded and unknown in my country .

i already builded a website www.slotclub.online . (still under build)

got few questions :

1. may i use the domain www.scalextric.co.il , i can buy it just dont wann mess with copyright issues . just wanna know if scalextric cool with it .

2.how can i get my hands on good new analog starter sets to sell in malls and shopping centers and in my website in my country .

the ones offering in this website are very expsensive and i cant get any profit from it .

excuse my english im not native .

picture for fun

forum_image_64545ac1d5a9b.thumb.png.7467cb7c9c6a809464b5ed90503f0d68.png

HI Avi, Shalom! (The only Henbrew I know...)

I rejected your other replies.

When you are a new member or you post pictures these have to be approved by a moderator and do not show up immediately.

I am not a lawyer but I have worked with legal departments of many companies for various reasons. The below is my opinion and not legal advice. Use it at your risk.

I would not use a top level name like Scalextric.co.il While trademark law has some variations in general a company that has demonstrated ownership of a name, logo or design in international business automatically has rights to those names, logos etc. even if they have not explicitly applied for their protection locally.

The only loophole i know of is that in some cases if the name, logo is being used in an industry that the other company would never have any interest in entering you could, in theory, use thier name. For example Scalextric ice cream might be legal.... but I wouldn`t attempt it if I were you...

Another reason I would not do it is because Scalextric is not the only slot car brand out there and outside of the UK and her former colonies it might not be as well known. Carrera for example is king in German-speaking countries so much so that there is no real German word for slot car. They use the English word or they say "Carrera car".

Your site "Slotclub" could be interpreted as a slot machine gambling site. I suggest some version of slot car or slot racing,...

Personally I like the Scalextric track the best of all brands. It holds together well, looks realistic and is robust.

You can buy any set you want that has as much track as you can afford with cars that you like. The difference in performance of the cars is not so great that it is really necessary to worry about it much.

The only thing to note is that 1/32 scale cars in general work on all track but that the tracks of various brands are not compatible (in general).

It looks like you already have a nice set up so maybe I don`t understand your comment about "profit".

Are you suggesting becoming a distributor in Israel?

If so I suggest you contact Hornby below.