ARC PRO power base broken

Hello,

I have recently got the ARC PRO power base for my track but it has not been working very well.I don' know if it is the cars or the track but two of my cars of had smoke coming off them when I put it on the track.The car would not move when I press down on the controller.What is wrong?Is there an way that I can fix it?

Usually that only occurs if there is a short circuit.

A wire as thin as a hair can cause this problem so make sure the track is clean (run a vacuum cleaner over it) and inspect the cars that there are no broken wires or braids.

Where you using ARC PRO in digital or analog mode?

What kind of cars were they?

Are you using one or two power supplies?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you for replying.I ran the vacuum over the track, and two of the cars dont work still on digital mode and they have a digital plug installed.But one of my cars that does not have a digital plug is working when I switch it to analogue.I am using one power supply.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Replacing motor a motor requires either soldering a new one in or cutting hte cables and using mini-plugs to plugs them together.

It is pretty straight forward.

If the cars are somewhat new you might get a replacement from the retailer you bought them from.

Motors usually only burn out if the there is too much resistance like a blocked axle or if a wire gets crossed...