semaphore signals issue

i am trying to set up home and distance sigals which when i drag and drop a distance yellow signal in the track planning mode puts the signal where i want it and allows me to programme to run on megapoints, BUT when i save and open up running screen the signal is appearing as a home red signal. is this a generic issue with railmaster or am i missing something.

Hi

I think there is a problem with Railmaster as my signals change from the layout screen to the operating screen. If I add a new signal it changes the display of one of the others.

As i am in the process of changing my layout it is not a problem for me at the moment. If you would like to try and get it corrected then report it to Railmaster.

Can each of you please start RM, then go through the sequence that is the problem, then report it to HRMS via the inbuilt email facility in the Help tab. Make sure you include full details in the email including your RM revision status (should be latest).

The reason for doing it this way is simple - when you send that email, RM attaches its log.txt file to the email so HRMS can see what you've done.

@Colin-359163

Hello Colin,

I don't have any semaphore signals of any make on my layout, but that doesn't stop me addressing your problem. I have created a new layout containing only two items, a Home and a Distant semaphore signal. This is how I configured the Distant signal ...

forum_image_64902e1ead37b.png.4d38fa73b8e816393f5adcfe47dfd437.png

This is how the layout appeared on the main screen after I had changed this layout to be the default startup layout in settings ...

forum_image_64902e208b65f.png.ad2df103f25663d8106a018935d15558.png

After clicking the Home signal icon ...

forum_image_64902e221ea1d.png.bd07176520cd22ffa2510f30d70919b1.png

... and after clicking the Distant signal icon ...

forum_image_64902e23804b7.png.4c0c6ccba2defd0e6191d6de39e3b87d.png

So this seems to work for me as far as the layout display is concerned, but, of course, I have no way of testing whether this setup will work to change the actual signals installed on the layout. Could your problem have anything to do with the configuration settings you have chosen for the distant signal in the layout designer?

Ray

No problem for me either, so it it not a generic issue.

forum_image_649167b81e660.thumb.png.d8e1232354201d3748b594b6d44693e2.png

I have linked home signal (17) to distance signal (16) with the above settings and when I click on the home signal (operating screen shown above with overlay from design screen) the distance signal moves as well. All is working as it should.

Difficult to know what is wrong with your setup.

• 2 weeks later...