A1371 M18 Hellcat

Topcat_Ern

An enjoyable build this one. A few issues that need addressing. Such as the escape hatch is not mentioned in the instructions or depicted in the sprue diagrams. It is actually H52. Ammo case and carrier B13 doesn't have an underside just a void so a piece of plasticard needed to finish it off and the aerial mount C10 needs a drill out to install an aerial, I used 0.5 mm and stretched sprue for that. 50 cal barrel would benefit from opening up too as it is a solid plastic barrel. There are a few ejector pin marks here and there that need a dap of filler and sanding. For a change there are plenty of stowage options to use as your choice and location.

Humbrol 155 again airbrushed but this time (first time ever) used pre-shading, over the dark primer used white primer on all the high points to create a variation in the finish, which will I think be my now "go to" for 1/35th vehicles.

A lot of detail in the interior, hence hatches open again but dry-brushing and washes are all covered up but worth the effort.

I've tried to do something different with each vehicle to develop new skills and techniques and one day they might all come together (hopefully).

This vehicle was a late entrant to the battlefield so I didn't think it would have got to tatty at this stage so kept the finish light in the weathering department.

forum_image_64a7ef32cf256.thumb.png.8eba79b244ed0b17a27f1c1f56ea29fc.png

First time that I have painted tools on the model rather than add them later. Happy with result but I had to do surgery on two decals that a tool obscured partially.

forum_image_64a7ef3559248.png.d7bcdd6fe4154108ac8410047be0e130.png

I hope that I'm getting better at this scale as you can't hide blemishes! Might re-work the canvas on the mantlet as it looks a bit two dimensional. Any top tips gratefully received.

forum_image_64a7ef37b3eda.png.8b55570340bf88fa9cb8f5046f031b70.png

Andy