Is there a discount on next years membership if you already are one?

Richard-368268

Hello,

I see membership for this year has now gone down to £15, (I presume because it is late in the year and there are no more red box planes). At the moment I am waiting to buy quite a few things until the new year and new membership, however, if there is a discount for next year's membership if one is already one, I might be tempted to get one for the remainder of the year. Does anybody know if any such discount exists for existing members? I thought I heard somewhere that renewal might be £15 rather than £30 but I could be making that up. If that is true then I would very much consider getting a membership for the rest of this year for £15 and then just paying another £15 to renew. Does anybody know if this is correct or is it always just £30 for UK residents for renewal? If anybody knows and could help me out that would be great. Thank you kindly,

Richard :)

Nothing has been announced about 2024 membership - it's way too early.

Usually, the new Club Kit is revealed at SMW (Telford) in November and the whole Club Package in the new year.

I suspect that membership has been reduced because they've run out of the 2023 Club Kit (I don't know for sure), but £15 bring it in line with ROW who don't get the kit.

Cheers Ratch, thank you, I was just wondering if I did get a membership for this year, if I would get any money off renewal for next year. Ie would it be worth me getting the reduced membership for this year, say, if renewal is much less as an existing member. If you get say a £15 discount on renewal as a 2023 member for 2024 then it might be worth it for me. But if it's not much or nothing at all I'll probably leave it till the new year. Thanks for your answer, hope you are well, all the best,

Richard :)

• 3 months later...

Assuming your membership hasn't lapsed when you renew, you can avail of 10% off your renewal price (the usual club discount). Unfortunately it looks like a few folks (myself included) renewed last year when the 2023 club was announced on 6th January, but due to the "late arrival" of the 2024 club, our membership has lapsed, and (currently) won't get the 10% off. I think in previous years Airfix did extend some memberships due to delays at their end, it remains to be seen if they adopt the same policy for those of us with lapsed 2023 memberships.