Dcc ready Class 71 body removal

Buffer stop1707821971

The method of body fixing for modern central-motor diesel/electric loco's is normally a long slot-headed bolt passing upwards through the underframe in the region of each corner to a capture in the body roof area but no such screws are shown on the service sheet (461).

However, there do appear to be small recesses cut in the the bottom edge of the main chassis frame above each bogie so it may be that the body simply clips to the chassis. If so, inserting a small bladed screwdriver between the bottom of the body side and the chassis and moving it along the chassis may spring the clips.

Others, with the loco, should be able to advise on suitable decoders.

I can't remember which one I used but I do remember posting on this site which one. I used to use Zimo 6 pin ones and rewire them to 8 pin but Zimo decoders are now super expensive and hard to obtain. The Train o Matic ones are very small and they use the same decoder for 8 and 6, so they have done the rewiring for you. I can't remember whether a Hornby one fits. I suppose the easy solution is to take my one apart again or find my post.