2024 Catalogue hopes.

ShredderLive

Hornby will no doubt be announcing the 2024 range within the next few weeks.

There's been a couple of disappointments in the 2023 range. Obviously the main being some models not actually coming out this year.

My biggest disappointment personally was the cancelled Tri-Ang Remembered Caledonian Single train pack.

But what would be the things that you would immediately pre-order if Hornby announced them for the 2024 range?

I'll start with a couple.

I'm a sucker for novelty. So if Hornby announced they were going to do a special Railroad Class 37 in Police livery like the old Lima one, then I'd be snapping one right up. Especially if they went a bit further, and put some blues and twos on it.

I'd also love to see something like the old Giraffe car make a comeback. Or as another manufacturer has released gunpowder wagons, Hornby putting out an exploding one would be neat.

When it comes to more serious models though, there's one long overdue an overhaul.

There's no excuse to continue to make and sell the L&YR Pug using the old Dapol tooling anymore. Not when the Peckett and Ruston have shown just how much detail you can get in a small loco without breaking the bank.

An actual replacement for the E2 would also be welcomed. The old ones were not great runners, and sadly the tooling was forever lost to make the Thomas models.

A few Caledonian locos and coaches would be nice.

And finally since Hornby has already done Rocket, Lion, and Tiger, I'd quite like to see the Furness Railway finally get some love in OO scale with a model of Old Coppernob.

What's on your list?

Looking forward to it as usual, but 2023 range seemed to be missed opportunities even in a consolidation year. I would love to see a Class 185 personally with no other manufacturer doing it so zero duplication... would work well OO and TT and suits the TXS sound opportunity as they sound great in real life.

The Class 91/MK4 rake with the latest LNER scheme an obvious one to do. GNER Class 43 pair with rake of MK3 (Mallard refurbished red door style) would be very welcome (would probably have sold better than the East Coast ones) as would a Class 43 pair in Swallow (not the railroad variety). Other obvious Class 43 pair opportunities were LNER examples that transitioned to EMR/Network Rail/Colas that could have been easily modded, 2023 range seemed to be missed opportunity in that regard.

Absolutely love the HM7000 solution also which they need to focus on, ensure stock of but they need something for the Rocket/Peckett size 4 pin nano style to me is a gap in the range.

Overall focus on delivering a level of quality, I don't want fragile models that pieces fall off from plus avoid duplication with others