As good a deal as you'll find.

Today I spoke to a very helpful lady at Airfx with reference to a Club Passport order that fell behind in a backlog. Totally understandable, after all, it's Christmas and s on and at this time of year things get a little delayed. The reason I phoned was because my Club membership ends in a few days and who knows if I'd have had it if it lapsed. So that was all sorted, (A series 9 Dambusters Lanc on it's way thank you very much) and I naturally enquired about the 2024 membership, there so far being nothing on the site.

I was told that so far nothing had been passed down to those dealing with the Club, so basically it's just a matter of checking the site for new information. However, I was told that to stay a Club member I could just buy the 2023 Red Box membership available on this site for £15, and while this won't include any special exclusive kit, it still has the passport and 10% discount on this site. For someone already a member, you then get 10% off if you purchase prior to your membership lapsing, so £13.50.

I haven't always liked the Club model, (the Hawks of a few years ago a real low point for me) so this basic membership is perfect, giving the discount, which on some weekends has been up to 20%, and of course the Passport, which for me gleaned maybe five kits worth maybe £200 this year with the various Flying Hours I collected. Let's face it, for the price it is well worth it, and who knows if this basic membership will be available once word comes down that they have a band new package, with exclusive kit for 2024, because at this time last year it wasn't.

Happy New Year one and all.

Regards,

Steven.

Hmm, let me see, it's 2024, there's no new Club membership for this year listed on the site and I literally spoke to someone on the phone who works on the Airfix Club part of their business this afternoon and was passing along what they said. Now, i didn't say anything about what the new kit would be, simply that the only membership so far available was the basic option which wasn't available last year, but had been in previous years. Hence my point that it was good value, was at present the only option and that it may not always be available, which those with less cash at the moment should take advantage of in case it vanishes once the 2024 membership is unveiled.

Your point in adding your contribution was...? If it's simply being the guy who likes to be the one to say hey, I know something, jolly well done.

Yes it is good value if you don't want the kit, but if you like the look of the D-Day Duo it would be better to wait - that was my point.

I had shared the news about the Club Kit after Telford, maybe you missed that.