My Aircraft Collection

Grumps123

Hi Ratch,

Firstly, thanks for posting the photos thus far.

Secondly, I'm not clear re. your last comment. Do you want me to post (as I have been doing) one photo per post or do you want me to send a batch of photos within one post?

Many thanks

Many thanks Dominic, I have been trying to put together the variety of aircraft for all the WW2 participants.

The range of Japanese aircraft models are mainly from Japanese manufacturers but are also in the main, older tools.

The B5N2 from Airfix was a welcome addition to its range.

Some great builds there Grumps a few kits i would like to add to my stash, like the Japanese aircraft you have a good variety there.

Would be nice to see airfix represent more kits from japan.

Thanks for the kind comment Paul.

I agree with you that it would nice to see some new Japanese kits by Airfix.

Whether any Japanese kits released would sell sufficient units to make them viable is probably the main consideration that Airfix take into account when deciding what new kits to tool.

As the new Platform is up and running, I have been able to see all the pictures in this post. Somehow I missed all the RAF ones first time around. Very good models and very helpful to see what the latest Airfix moulds look like on completion. Thank you for sharing. 
One question: the Buffalo has squadron codes QV. Which squadron is that?

I know 19 Squadron had the QV codes, but I didn’t think they flew Buffaloes. 

8 hours ago, Dominic Thomas said:

As the new Platform is up and running, I have been able to see all the pictures in this post. Somehow I missed all the RAF ones first time around. Very good models and very helpful to see what the latest Airfix moulds look like on completion. Thank you for sharing. 
One question: the Buffalo has squadron codes QV. Which squadron is that?

I know 19 Squadron had the QV codes, but I didn’t think they flew Buffaloes. 

Hi Dominic,

You are right that QV denotes 19 Sqn who flew Spitfires during this period in the UK. The decals I had fell apart when putting them on (it was meant to be TD (453 sqn RAAF)). The only ones I had spare at the time that were approximately the same size were the QV ones. Therefore, I used a bit of artistic license to finish off the aircraft. Well spotted! 🙂

Regards

Guy