Issues adding photos to engines.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced issues adding images to engines?

I've purchased a new tablet (android) as I didn't like the using the app on my mobile (too small), everything works fine apart from when I try to add an image to an engine.

Firstly when selecting the camera option (the app asked for permission to use the camera) which I accepted but then nothing happens, the camera just doesnt open.

And secondly when trying to add a stock image, (the app didn't request for permission to my files/photos etc) but keeps prompting that it doesnt have access to this please check your settings.

But as I understand it there's no option within the android settings to allow apps to have access to certain things, the app itself needs to request this when trying to access it for the first time?

image.thumb.jpeg.16747d913141010316928e11a1b47c0c.jpeg

Many thanks

Russ

It appears that users who started using the app on Android 13 and then upgraded to 14 can still access the photo library - this is a quote from an Android developer website:

Photo and video access is preserved when the device upgrades

In cases where your app is on a device that upgrades from an earlier Android version to Android 14, the system keeps full access to the user's photos and videos, and it grants some permissions to your app automatically. The exact behavior depends on the set of permissions that are granted to your app before the device upgrades to Android 14.

Regards, John