MK1 Suburban BR BLUE Coaches Locos & Arrangements or BR 4 VEP Class 423 7733

Hi All Fellow Enthusiasts. Happy Sunday & if i could indulge you for a moment with a couple of quick queries,

- Hrmm looks like we have had a change to the forums I guess i will get use to it.

I have always wanted a rake of these MK1 Suburban Blue coaches as seen in:

Season 1 Episode 4 - Have a Break Take a Husband

From the one and only 'Some Mothers Do 'Ave em.

While I could just by the HORNBY BR4 VEP Class set it's not really for me i prefer a dedicated loco on the front some from people who are from Merry Ol' England I thought i would reach out to perhaps combinations of that would be semi passable that may have been seen.  A quick google and I see some rakes of 4-5 coaches pulled by something that looks like a Class 25 or smaller, but you tell me what are appropriate BR Blue style locos that may have pulled these around?   My layout era is between late 50s to early 90s so there is certainly plenty of scope for something.   Also if Im going to buy these new what should look good for say a 4-5 rake.  IE should there be a brake car at either end to give simplicity if you were to swap the locos running direction?  

IMG_8650.thumb.PNG.b9e33d53577c82d36f6e1a8e1220e45e.PNGIMG_8649.thumb.PNG.5f180fc6fe7fb5f7578db5512525f840.PNG

Also while weathered usually looks better on my layout, I can't help but think to go with the clean blue and just dust some detail on as or if needed but curious what others think.

My Wife and other family members all go the clean resplendent blue and not just because its 3 times cheaper. LOL  Thoughts?

IMG_8645.thumb.JPG.73322d1f7d2b3840091ccc5513bd9378.JPG

IMG_8644.thumb.JPG.5b53d30b35892a392baf7aaebb0c87b9.JPG

AS ALWAYS thanks in advance for all your help & time

OP

I have a picture somewhere with a baby deltic (class 23) hauling a rake of the plain blue suburban coaches. You’d probably be Ok with any of the locos used around London in the timescale you’re looking at. Potentially class 21/29 before they were sent up to Scotland, class 15, class 31 etc. All the photos I have seen of these coaches show them as filthy so weathered would get my vote. They must have been clean at some point though. 

Excellent.  Yes see that’s the sort of resource I don’t have down this way I think the project will be a success and weathered seems to be the way to base on the amount of detail I keep throwing at the layout.  Be sure to check out this weeks YouTube video it’s something a bit special.  Just YouTube josef model railway and toy room.  Thanks for the great input.   Expect to see them in action before the end of the year.