Inspiration For TT:120 Layout

Dodge1965

Is there such a place that has aerial pictures of layouts? Been looking online and most of the pictures, show one area of a layout and not the whole thing.

I understand that some/most might not be easy to capture it all, due to size or location or something else.

As i'm moving forward (slowly) i'm always looking for small ideas, something to add to the layout. Some of my ideas never work, but i love looking at the pics of others work and design and skills..

Also what has been used.  Yes i also get there are not tons of TT:120 layouts out there, but the ideas from the other gauges might work. I've joined a few groups in Facebook, the N gauge ones are amazing..

Thanks

• Like 2

There's not going to be any central resource with lots of aerial views, it's down to the layout owners to take such photos if they can and make them available on their web pages, blog or whatever.
There are sites which focus on track plans but that's not the same thing (and tbh some of the plans I've seen on a recent facebook page haven't been very good)

I kind-of have an aerial view of my N gauge layout but that was taken by someone on a step ladder in 1996 and the three image that I stitched together are missing a couple of bits 😞
kh11x.thumb.jpg.cf4554f8e64fc6ec2381ac2f564cc0f1.jpg
Khplan_original.thumb.jpg.cdfdc5bdbcfdd9beb963da3d259ecac8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nick,

It was more, has anyone seen any places that have had some good pics, not a central reserve type place. I meant to add a "s" to place.. But can't edit now..

Thanks for the pic, very good layout..

15 minutes ago, Dave the Busker said:

If it helps any, here's a photo of Hollybush Railway from above. Still a bit of a work in progress when you see it from this anglelarge.6F88BF15-BFC1-4CCC-A22D-CA54AC6122B8_1_201_a.jpeg.721798114c8a3ead22e1e825d9399427.jpeg

Wow.. Thanks Dave... Perfect...  Love ther layout

• Like 2

Here is my little layout on a 2.44mx 0.94m (or 8x3'1'' in old money) board.

Still a lot to do, signals, people and things going on, but not had much time these last few months !

o3.jpg

Edited by Too Tall
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

If only that diamond crossing could be a single slip and give access to the sidings from both ovals 🙂 A double slip would be even better and remove the need for the crossover right next to it.  Tillig offer a double slip which appears to match the length and geometry of the Hornby diamond crossing.

83300 - Tillig Modellbahnen

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ntpntpntp said:

If only that diamond crossing could be a single slip and give access to the sidings from both ovals 🙂 A double slip would be even better and remove the need for the crossover right next to it.  Tillig offer a double slip which appears to match the length and geometry of the Hornby diamond crossing.

83300 - Tillig Modellbahnen

Indeed I did consider that but the cost of the Tillig stuff is quite prohibitive. Most of my track is from the set packs and bought with double points and discount so the extra points aren’t a bad trade off.

Looks like the Tillig slip is about £43 from Rails,   about 3x the price of a Hornby TT:120 point but course it is a more complex bit of track.  The going rate for slips in N and 00 is around £50 or so.   
I might get one just to play with and see how well it does match the Hornby trackwork, although really I want to go down the Peco code 55 route for a layout when I do get round to building one (N gauge projects to complete first 🙂 )