Beginners airbrush kit.

So retirement plan is a model railway and one of the things I fancy is my first EVER airbrush.

I've heard of people like H& S and Iawatta but flipping heck, the prices!

So, for a budget first airbrush, I found this.......................https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airbrush-Fengda-FD-18-2K-Compressor-accessories/dp/B01984G2OG/ref=asc_df_B01984G2OG/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=344405143865&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17211504215835487508&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006682&hvtargid=pla-422198469504&psc=1&mcid=96bfe325b34e3e66a0819ffe545e2306

Worth having a punt as a beginner?...........or has anyone got any recommendations in a similar price bracket.

Thanks.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

You are likely to find that the cheaper units from unknown manufacturers will be made from inferior materials. Corrosion will be forever an issue with spares likely to be nonexistent.

However, the makes you mentioned will not suffer either of those issues. As for price - they are precision engineered pieces of quality equipment and that reflects in the price.

There is a skill in using an airbrush and the paints; set up and own ability hugely affect the outcomes. I have tried a Badger Airbrush with Veljio Acrylic paint with very poor results, worse than a full size spray gun or even a rattle can. It’s almost certainly me not the kit but modern rattle cams are so good and cheap as chips (less so, chips are expensive)