Steam RailCar

Have just received my Kernow GWR Steam RailCar - Its Beautiful

Does anyone know if Hornby or anyone else made a suitable coach I can add to it like in preservation

I thought GWR converted the steam railcars to Push Pull units later in life and would like to add one as it would look so good

v best

Mark

The valve gear on that model in the video was quite fetching.

To perhaps prompt a correspondent who can identify the second car in consist.   https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/GWR_Railmotor/P4199349.JPG

Or just contact Glynn Valley and ask them directly which carriage is in consist?

thenewglynvalleytramway@gmail.com

Bee

Edited by What About The Bee
Formatting

Hi Chappers

The GWR did indeed remove the engine and convert these to Auto-coaches and that is how this one survived.  However, I am not sure if a model of a converted one would be quite right as the one pulling it would have probably been converted at the same time.

However, the GWR did build Auto-coaches specifically to work with the rail-motor. However, these had quite different window spacing from the conversions. Sadly none of the Auto-trailers produced to date (Collett and Hawkesworth type) would be suitable since they are too modern.

However, Dapol say they will be making an Auto-coach based on the GWR Diagram N These which were constructed during 1907 which is right time frame for the rail-motor but I don't think these were the ones built for the railmotors as they look shorter (sadly I cannot find my copy of GWR coaches by J Russel to confirm). however, I have pre-ordered a couple of these . My only concern is that the Maroon might not match but hopefully any difference in the chocolate and cream will not be noticeable.

In the meantime you might want to consider getting one of the Dapol suburban toplights. Although I do not know if the Rail-motors ever pulled these, it wouldn't look too out of place except they are a slightly different shade of maroon.

• Like 1