Who is getting the TT120 Intercity Mk2 coaches?

Moccasin

Who is getting the TT120 Intercity Mk2 coaches?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. The Intercity Mk2 coaches don’t have much suitable traction so are you intending on buying the InterCity Mk2s on release, and if so, why?

• Yes - BR mixed and matched rolling stock so why can’t I?
    • Yes - pre-ordered and I’ll use them somehow!
    • No - my interests stop with steam
    • No - not until Hornby release a locomotive in Intercity livery
    • Other (please state)

Just now, LTSR_NSE said:

The stock levels only indicate the amount of stock currently allocated to the website.  They give no indication about either production quantities or stock levels in storage warehousing.

That’s very true. Online stock replenishment from the warehouse seems to occur a few times for those items showing “last few” or first going out of stock, before items stay out of stock.  Also the pre-orders represented by negative numbers will of course only be those through the website and not other retailers.

Batch sizes seem to vary but I think are generally 500 plus if the white labels on the product boxes are an indicator. 

48 minutes ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

Out of interest, how do you interpret the stock level figures and do they also show how many of each item Hornby receive?

I can see the 30th May is going to be an expensive day.

I think the end of month dates are place holders and it is only reflecting what has been pre ordered on the hornby site and the stock that has been released for sale on the website it was just curious what it would show hence me producing it.

Edited by Postman On The Rails
Correct typo

14 minutes ago, LTSR_NSE said:

The stock levels only indicate the amount of stock currently allocated to the website.  They give no indication about either production quantities or stock levels in storage warehousing.

Thank you.

On 07/04/2024 at 11:38, Rallymatt said:

I think at this early stage of range development it’s a case of embrace what’s available. Some models will be easier or have different designers on them and possibly Hornby is using multiple manufacturing facilities and that could influence what can come when. 37 would be on MK2’s and that’s not so far away really. 

For air-conditioned mark 2s such as these, it ought to be a 37/4 with an ETH supply. IIRC, there isn't a 37/4 planned — unless the EWS one is a 37/4.

• Like 1

I’m sure the 37s that are available early on will work for most people. In years to come, hopefully there will be an extensive range of variants and sub classes. 😁

Edited by Rallymatt

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

For air-conditioned mark 2s such as these, it ought to be a 37/4 with an ETH supply. IIRC, there isn't a 37/4 planned — unless the EWS one is a 37/4.

Hopefully a 37/4 in large logo blue with an Eastfield Scottie terrier will be a swift addition. It’s an all time classic livery for the class 37s and just having two versions seems a waste of the investment. Maybe it’s an upcoming special announcement. 

Edited by Moccasin
Spelling
  • Like 2

I think it’s worth noting that the originally announced Class 31 and Class 37 liveries/running numbers might have been cancelled. The recent catalogue has the variants removed from the product description. I think we’ll see information on what variants of the Class 37 we’ll be getting sometime in early 2025. 

2 hours ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

I think it’s worth noting that the originally announced Class 31 and Class 37 liveries/running numbers might have been cancelled. The recent catalogue has the variants removed from the product description. I think we’ll see information on what variants of the Class 37 we’ll be getting sometime in early 2025. 

I haven’t got access to the 2024 catalogue right now but recall that the two 37s were an early and late (era 11?) example. Hopefully they’ll maximise their tooling investment with an example somewhere between. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

I haven’t got access to the 2024 catalogue right now but recall that the two 37s were an early and late (era 11?) example. Hopefully they’ll maximise their tooling investment with an example somewhere between. 

You know, fact checking myself, they did remove the running numbers but not the brand/era. I think I overstated it. So, BR Era 6 and EWS Era 9 Class 37 are still listed. But the running numbers are gone. Hmm…

I agree with you 100%. The Class 37 in BR Blue and BR Large Logo are legendary. I’m hoping they add those into the launch selection. The Class 37 is a bit like the 08s with their many liveries. Heck, Arnold could even release the Class 37 livery it wore when some of them were helping to build high speed rail lines in France and Spain.

Louis mentioned they were building in tooling for future variants, so I’m upbeat about future versions coming out. Hornby could even release new variants every 6 months if they like. And even though a BR Green Class 37 and a Rail Direct Services Class 37 are both the same tooling, their addressable markets are vastly different. A Class 37 can work alongside a Gresley A3 or a Class 67. Such a versatile locomotive! 

The Class 37 is one of the best products for a model rail manufacturer to produce. It’s one of those rare tooling projects that can make people modeling in Eras 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 happy. That’s a great product with a huge market! 

9 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

Just a note, the early 37 that wore green and the Direct Rail Sevices 37 would have a number of tooling differences, they are not identical by any means 😁

Yeah, the Class 37 has seen some significant changes over its service life. I'm optimistic that they will be well represented in the product! Hornby tends to tool up every variant they would ever want to produce during the initial product development. So, once the tooling is ready, they will be able to release any of their planned variants. For example, we know that other variants of the Class 50, like the early variant without the headlight, are ready to go whenever Hornby has the production capacity to launch them. Louis alluded to the Class 37 tooling collection also having lots of optionality. We just need those manufacturing slots! 

And for Class 37 fans, I highly recommend this webpage. This resource (and the similar Class 47 one) are mind blowing! 

https://www.class37.co.uk/history.aspx

• Like 1