Sound fitted locos

Do TT locos that are sound-fitted come with the correct sounds installed? Most of the coverage seems to involve downloading sounds via the app, to locos where the sound chip was added afterwards. What I'm wanting to know is whether it's possible to purchase a sound-fitted loco, and run it using a standard DCC controller, without using the app at all.

Yes they are pre-loaded with the correct profile but you will find that those profiles were loaded when only version 1 was available. Early bugs and glitches have now been resolved and we are now up to v4.

Even if you plan to only use DCC it is recommended that you update to the latest version to benefit from the improvements.

HM DCC is at its heart regular DCC. If you have a suitable device to support the App it’s well worth using for any changes, vastly superior to programming tracks and a row of confusing numbers. I still use a regular DCC system for running. All works really well. I know you are not far away, happy to show you if you wanted.