Bring back a childhood friend!!

I would love to see my all time childhood Favourite back in the current Hornby OO & tt120 ranges.

The Tri-ang Hornby Nellie 0-4-0 tank.  Everyone had this great little engine back in the day.

This would be a great model for todays modeller.

Ideal has a mainstream product & for the younger fans a basic Railroad version.

Mainstream model in all liveries complete with the correct valve gear for this loco.

Railroad version has per the old Nellie, Conny & Polly Just a basic 0-4-0 chassis without the valve gear.

Time to let a new generation enjoy these smashing loco's, even better with dcc sound!!

sorry I don't have a 00 gauge model. Here is my O Gauge version to jog your memories.

I hope this sits well with everyone.

102.JPG

The first ‘proper’ electric locos I had were a re-painted Polly and a red Dock Shunter. I now have a collection of the 0-4-0 tanks with some of the different numbered red and blue versions and a blue Connie. I also have a few neverwazzas. 

There are a lot available second hand and in good condition and the originals have the X04 motor which is virtually infinately repairable. The main problem I have found is the wheel tyres falling off later versions and the rubbish black plastic cog that strips off the axles. 

The loco body was modified to produce a push along train to use with orange/red track that clockwork Thomas and Percy came with. I don’t know if the mould still exists? 

While I have a fondness for these locos I wonder how they would go on today with people who don’t have those memories of what were very well running and reliable little locos. Personally I would also like to see the top tank come back as well but that is even less likely with no link to a real loco. Now I want someone to prove me wrong!

This is my guilty secret and I can't bear to part with it. Alongside my Roco Pacifics, Athearn EMDs and Electrotren ALCos, there will remain a place for my 'Nellie' and favourite childhood loco. It still runs but could benefit from a good service, still, I doubt it will ever get chipped.

large.P8310099.JPG.af08cf5947136df56ce7851fd2792b50.JPG

• Like 1

Yeah I had a Nellie with a proper chassis and X.04 motor.   Reliable, decent weight and easy to service.  So much better than the cheap plastic chassis and can-motor things that my son had as a kid.