Firebox flicker not working on P2 Prince of Wales

Hi, the firebox flicker on my P2  Prince of Wales, worked then it didn't work, then it did somehow, but now I can't get it to work at all. If memory serves me correctly F22 on DCC mode activates it, or the second Aux lighting function in Bluetooth, but I have tried all the Aux functions with no success. I have reset the decoder with F8, and reinstalled the functions, but to no avail. Does anyone have any thoughts of what I should try? Btw all other sound functions work as does the steam generator and I can control the loco without problems. 

No it is not permanent as far as I can see. It can be controlled by DCC or Bluetooth, and can be turned off with F22 (I think or F21), and the Aux setting in Bluetooth. 

My apologies, I have just spoken to Hornby, and you are correct that the flickering firebox is uncontrolled and picks up straight from the track. So there is obviously a fault and I am sending it back for repair!

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I have 2003 and 2005, and thought that 2007 was different, because of the steam generator. I am on holiday, so not possible to check the. Sorry to hear you had to send it back. Let’s hope for a swift return.