Retired Models

Hi all, I am new to the Hornby Forum, I would like to discuss retired Thomas & Friends locomotives with you. Retired Locomotives: Duck Diesel Bill Ben Arry Bert The Diesel Henry Oliver Stepney 7101 (aka: Bear) The Flying Scotsman Spencer Locomotives Still Available: Thomas Percy Gordon James Toby Edward Emily Murdoch (Coming soon) Dart (Coming soon) I think Hornby have made a mistake in retiring a lot of classic characters, and I hope they don't make the mistake of introducing too many CGI characters into the range, what are your thoughts? 

Yes they made a huge mistake getting rid of those characters and escpecially Henry he is the original 3 that helped start the whole Thomas franchise and I think that Hornby should bring them back. 

Hi all, I have a layout I am theming around the Thomas and Friends loco's etc.  I currently have: Thomas, Edward, Henry, Gordon, James, Percy, Toby, Duck, Oliver, Stepney, Devious Diesel, Bill, Ben & Emily,  I have been trying to keep to the loco's from the original model based series with the exception of Emily which was purchased for my wife.  I had a great deal of trouble tracking down Oliver and had to find a model shop in the UK to source this one.  I have just managed to locate Flying Scotsman, Diesel and D7101 luckily as these are all discontinued out here as well.  Flying Scots from Thomas and Friends is a little pricey though.  From memory Spencer wasn't part of the original series was he? My Henry also came from the UK as well.  I won't be buying any of the new loco's I doubt.  Also the new buildings just appear to be the same models as previous with a colour change.  i would love to see loco's like Donald and Douglas etc.  And rolling stock like Henrietta and Olivers coach.   If you want check out my blog/diary over at New Railway Modellers: http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30389 Thanks, Dwarfboysim Lets hope that these may appear in the future rather than Hornby just making more of the new ones.

Hi Dwarfboysim. I have been following your Thomas layout from the beginning, great work! Where did you find the Flying Scotsman and D7101 Models? There is a store near me that sells a lot of discontined models here in the UK, if you like I can make a phone call and see if Oliver is in stock? The only Thomas Models I have (actually, they are the only model railway models I have...) are Percy (He came 2nd hand unboxed and one of his foot ladders has broken off so I will get a replacement, boxed and brand new in the future), and Bill. I am trying to track down a Brand new and boxed Ben but I cannot seem to find one anywhere :( If anyone can help me out I would be very greatful :) And Spencer was not an original character from the RWS books, but he did appear in the classic series before HIT Entertainment took over and in my opinion, destroyed the show. Spencer was released in 2008 by Hornby and was soon discontined so he is very rare and expensive. Thanks! ShadowMonk.

Thanks for the offer but Oliver arrived the other day. I will keep my eyes open for a new Ben and let you know. The Flying Scotsman was a fluke with a supplier as was D7101. Just have to hope he still has them when I go to the train show next weekend.

Check out this on eBay see if it is what you need: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HORNBY-R9048-BEN-ENGINE-THOMAS-FRIENDS-/260792905864?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Railways&hash=item3cb877f088">http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HORNBY-R9048-BEN-ENGINE-THOMAS-FRIENDS-/260792905864?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Railways&hash=item3cb877f088 Dwarfboysim

I know you have been discussing Thomas in 00 gauge, but I noticed in my local Modelzone the large scale sets and locos were being heavily discounted -- time for a garden layout??

I know you were suggesting something different, but could the garden be the answer to the lack of space in Bulleidboy mansions? </div>
The light at the end of the tunnel is probably a train coming towards you !

PP

I think they are discontinuing it to make way for more products in their non thomas range
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Bechio has done it again for leeds, right into the top corner, Leeds have won the game

• 2 weeks later...

You

wrote that you know a store near your home which could have Oliver.
I want to have him but I didn't know where I should become him from.
Could you see if Oliver is in stock in the store?
It's a bit a problem too because I live in Vienna in Austria

and there are only 2 stores which sell Hornby Thomas items.

I will see if Oliver is in stock, I went there the other day and he was still in stock. Would you like me to get him for you and post it off?

Ok I will ring up, get the price, and find out the cost for posting to you.

I don't have a Toad i'm afraid, sorry. I actually bought the last one myself last week

:(
Here is my email: SHADOW.MONK@ROCKETMAIL.COM If you could email me your address that would be good :)

• 2 weeks later...

For your info, spencer was in the non-CGI series (See gordon and spencer) as for henry being RTD, what the hell!! he was one of the great characters. If they don't bring him back, I hope he's got a large pension to make up for that

sacreliege.

• 5 weeks later...

There is a shop in south wales called haverfordwest model centre and they sell a lot of old models

Archived