Hard tocontrol

Go_West

I thought I must add this:

I went to a model railway exhibition not far from me and talking to 1 of 3 grey haired chaps running 00 gauge electric trains on a club layout. The chap I was talking to told me he had 3 Hornby live steam engines he told

me he had tried to run them with no luck, he said that they were hard to control and that all he could do was start them off and let them go till they stopped on there own. It was then that I noticed the other 2 were trying to drive a tank engine onto a turn

table first using a small hook to uncouple the engine from its train they derailed the coach next was to drive the tank engine onto the turn table this was a disaster one chap on the controls had the engine wheels turning backwards while the other chap pushed

the engine forwards onto the turntable telling the driver to turn off the power he would push the engine along the track? I thought if that’s how they drive electric then LS would be a real challenge

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply Gowest, that's really funny. I saw something similar today at a show. Once again a turntable was involved. First of all the loco shot across the TT so fast it ended up wedged in the engine shed. He put it back on the track and

tried again. This time it stopped on the TT, but moved off before the TT had stopped turning and ended up parked on a grass area.

[reply]walkingthedog said:

This is the problem with any item that is sold today the end user may not be up to it when it comes to operating the prducts sold.

Is it you or one of your LS 00 club people that was going to build a SR Westcountry

was wondering how he's getting on?

• 1 year later...

Hi live steam operators

hope you are still having fun with Hornby Live Steam

not sure if I ever posted this link here before but thought it should be with in this thread as it does show that fine control can work with these LS models

to all at Hornby and model railway people have a great Christmas and Happy New Year

Archived