Forum Feedback - Changes required

RDS

At least it didn't zap the post altogether mate... I thought after typing all that stuff I'd been logged out, post rejected and sent off on a wild goose chae around our galaxy!

But as you stated it logged me out too and did the same thing to me afterward as well... odd!

Makes you wonder where these people learn their trade and how qualified they are to put these things out there for our use... :-(

It does seem to me that there are several problems that need to be addressed urgently in order to make all the forums properly usable once more. 

For every one of the threads on this forum, the number of replies is shown as 1 although on several threads ther are many more such as this thread that has reached three pages.

Somehow, I have been able to get access to the Railmaster forum with the URL www.hornby.com/forum/hornby-railmaster/?p=1.  On this forum there are two new threads only showing one reply, whereas all the old threads (pre-change) show the correct numbers.

Having just posted a reply a few minutes ago, I note two problems:

1.  My post was at about 15.50 whereas the thread above shows 14.53 ( the time is now 16.06)

2.  The list of threads shows the latest reply as three days ago by RDS, whereas that was the FIRST entry

I can only agree that the forum is not seen as an important part of Hornby any longer  -  no direct link on main page other than bottom listing - site takes ages to load although I do like the detail of the main photos.   All that useful information from the past forum has gone.  It was an essential point of reference and why I visited the site to see what was happening to others and very often issues were already dealt with by others.  Come on Hornby I know some people on forums can be a pain in that they can show disrespect for others mainly because they have such detailed knowledge themselves they fail to appreciated that others are just starting and sometimes the obvious is not the obvious.  All posts are important to you as customer feedback and it would be nice to see you answering things more often.

You do need to have a serious look at what you have done and make some changes  - put back the forum history  - put a proper link for the forums like on the old site.

Remember it can raise questions about the products themselves if you cannot get this bit right.

I am sure someone will respond to all these posts about the forum and inform us of your logic and whether or not you will be doing anything about it.

Malcolm

Just like to add my complete agreement with the other members comments regarding the dreadful design and functionality of the new forums and main website. To lose the archives of valuable and irreplaceable information about Hornby products is unthinkable. Please Hornby, reinstate the old forum and it's contents.

Again having zero knowledge but trying to get my head around train sets, I am finding a surprising lack of any use full descriptive information on your site. For example if I look at a train and try to find out what sounds are on a model there is nothing and this applies to anything I look at. The site is set up for customers who already have a working knowledge. I believe Hornby are going to put newbies like myself off buying, the more I look at what is needed the more confusing the hobby becomes. As a foot note please can anyone tell me what size area I would need to install a double oval using all the extension packs from A to F, as I am knocking on a bit feet and inches would be a great help LOL. thanks guys!

Archived