How does the 'Search' facility work?

RDS

I was trying to find a service sheet so I entered the 'Service Sheets part of the website and typed in the Hornby Item number (R2224). The website informed me, 'Your search returned no results'. At this point I just thought that the service sheet is not available.

However, just out of interest, I then picked a service sheet that is available (R2256) and typed that into the search box. Result - 'Your search returned no results'

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi RDS, if you look at the top of the page where the 'Your search returned no results' is written, just above are 2 tabs. The second tab is service sheets. Click on that and it gives you the service sheet for R2224.

I have been thinking further about this question.  I admit I missed the fact that there are 2 tabs, one for Products and one for Service Sheets but I think the reason is because my eyes were drawn to the Large letters describing my search, followed immediately underneath by 'Your search returned no results'.  Why does the search default to the 'Products' Tab.  Surely, if the search item is found anywhere at all on the site, the 'no results' message should not appear.

Archived