Hornby Reflection....

gilbo2

Its a great shame to see such an iconic brand in such a mess. You only have to go to what's left of shops on the high street to see confirmation that the shelf space which was once Hornby's firm territory is steadily being taken over by its competition due to the supply issue. This seems to have been with us for over a year now that I know of, which started for me trying to get the R8247 accessory decoders for example. This turned out to be the tip of the iceberg. Even basic things like Hornby Track are getting harder to source these days.

The bad decisions / miscalculations they have made on this website / forum in isolation are not enough for me to turn my back on the Hornby brand, HOWEVER, when taking EVERYTHING into consideration, that day is coming closer after over 45 years. (Blimey, that makes me feel old!!)

The upsetting aspect to all this is that we must be coming towards a "will the last one out, switch the lights off" moment ? .........................................

I should add that I wish Hornby the greatest of luck now and hope they can turn the business (even perception now) around in the next few days, weeks and months ----- they desperatly need to, before time runs out.

Archived