London 2012 Problem

Hawkins1331

Hi, My 7yr old lad who's just started a passion for Hornby has a new oval shape track with extension packs A, B & C. Although he has three GWR styled small engines plus carriages which work fine, the London 2012 train pack he's just had for his birthday keeps cutting the power to the track. For some reason, it goes around ok for a while and then completely cuts the power from the socket & controller so no other train works. If you move the plug to another socket, it works ok but then stops about about 10 laps. The engine train came off the track, and when I put it back on the track it had cut the power. The track is all together ok, and there's no known problems with the electricity. Does anyone know what I've done or is there a problem with the train itself? Any comments really appreciated. Many thanks.

Do you have the standard R8250 train controller? Thay's the silver one with the black knob. It may not be powerful enough to run the train pack as it has working lights. The problem you had when it came off the track is quite normal. There would have been a short circuit and the controller would cut off automatically. It resets itself after a minute or two.
-----------------------------
Get off the line Bobby.

Archived