GWR Railmotor complete video

Go_West

hi 00 steam loves

just uploaded the finished Railmotor on you tube what do you think?

Just shows what a great job Hornby made of this idea and if they had never produced them I would never had so much fun building and running them my fleet of engines is getting bigger all the time with some 20 odd loco's

7 qty A4's

4 qty A3's

1 qty Railmotor

1 qty Standard 9f

1 qty W class tank

1 qty SR. Schools

1 qty West Country

Hi WTD

like the paint tunnel  idea but  No just a steady hand and luck but looks a bit poorly painted on the front end in close up shoots you can see bits in the paint . My mate Tony long gone now worked at Crompton Parkingson and they had a paint tunnel it only did black but you could hang your home work suff on a conveyor belt and it would go slowly round through the paint and then an oven and come out all lovely and hot And painted.

Well it definitely goes into the tunnel with a brass finish and comes out chocolate and cream. 

Thinking about the paint job and tunel  what I should have done was like in the dads army when they all march down the road in there long johns and bit by bit get there uniform 

I could have started with a Flying Scotsman doing in the tunnel and then just the Railmotor engine and FS tender the the coach chassis and so on till the brass body and last the paint job. By the way the 1972 I think kit from Mullard models comes with a plastic roof which had to be replaced with a braas one or it would have melted all over the supper heater.

Archived