Tank tracks

Smiler Levi

I have used Revell Contacta with quite good results.  Since I use my vehicles in wargaes I either staple the tracks or sew them using needle and thread!  Both of these methods give a strong joint. 

Many thanks will try the thread way cheers  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In several decades of modelling I've tried glues (many types) and heating, and whilst heating is the only one that work, it's not a great finish, and one slip, and you've burnt a hole instead! Worst part of Airfix tanks, which is a pity as the kits themselves are fine.

• 1 month later...

/media/tinymce_upload/ded2e05ed79f122f6872d5b312bd5831.jpg

I always melt them with a screwdriver and never had any problem. This old model have the tracks melted and are as good as glued.

Brilliant finish!.  You have done a great job with the weathering.

/media/tinymce_upload/14533ae18dea73a31c0955c73a4a10e2.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/ded2e05ed79f122f6872d5b312bd5831.jpg

I always melt them with a screwdriver and never had any problem. This old model have the tracks melted and are as good as glued.

Brilliant finish!.  You have done a great job with the weathering.

Thank you. I like these old kits and unlike others, never had problems with tracks. When I was a child, my mother sew them carefuly. When I become older, just melt them, following the instructions and soon learn how to do it without problems. Its possible to glue them before, to keep both parts in place before melt them with a screwdriver.

Archived