Club voucher delay

alan_whitlam

Ordered 28th January and still waiting, postal membership and now like others wondering what is going on, Phoned and told middle of march now April and still nothing. If this is the standard that this club provides then like others I will be looking for a refund and also will never recommend this club too anyone. Totally discusted and feeling fobbed off! No answer to e-mails either.

I'm another waiting after joining on 12th January. Its just excuse after excuse. I can't understand how they can take our money for a product that they must have known wasn't available, and continue to take new members still knowing that they haven't got a product. The website still says 28 delivery, as it did when I joined, but I have been waiting 90 so far. Thats 90 days where new members have joined. 90 days where they took money for a product they can't supply. The next question must be, how long will it take to dispatch all these new member packs?

Response from Airfix, April 13th.

"Thank you for your email; I can confirm your membership has been set up, please accept our apologies on the delay of your membership pack.  Unfortunately, there has a printing delay.  I have amended your membership to start from today, and expire in 1 year so you have the full experience of the membership.

The welcome pack should be with you by the end of the month, if it is not please do not hesitate to get back in touch.Kind RegardsHornby Hobbies Club"

Response from Airfix, April 13th.

"Thank you for your email; I can confirm your membership has been set up, please accept our apologies on the delay of your membership pack.  Unfortunately, there has a printing delay.  I have amended your membership to start from today, and expire in 1 year so you have the full experience of the membership.

The welcome pack should be with you by the end of the month, if it is not please do not hesitate to get back in touch.Kind RegardsHornby Hobbies Club"

Airfix told me this over two weeks ago,by amending our memberships ,what does that actualy give us maybe a extra magazine? Airfix must have known there's a problem wiith the packs etc a simple email keeping members upto date would have helped but nothing.Also noticed in the reply they've sent you they've used the word "should be with you" just covering their bases here IMO 

Joined on Friday and chose the online option. Got an email telling me that my £20 members voucher would be emailed to me. Heard nothing since and no reply to emails. Surely they can't blame that on printing problems? 

It's a total mess IMO mate,will not be renewing again next year.

Judging from my current experience the Hornby Club is an absolute joke and customer service is poor.

I joined the then "Airfix Club" online at the end of November. I emailed in January only to be told i should have paid more money and "Wasn't I aware that it was going to be changed to the new "Hornby Hobbies Club" - Note to Hornby - If you're going to move the goalposts then don't advertise and accept membership online at old prices and then not tell anyone a thing!

spoke to customer diservices again and got an email saying that I would get the current membership package. Ok great news, then nothing. During this time I also ordered a Project Airfix pack for my scout troop - speedy delivery but guess what? Every kit had flyers for the "old" club and I had to stop two of my scouts from applying because thhey would no doubt encounter the same grief I had.

I finally wrote a complaining letter and sent it to Hornby Club explaining all the problems that I had, and that it would have been particularly upsetting for a young person to be waiting in excess of four months for a seemingly non existent membership pack.

Finally got an email back (a letter is too much to write?) with an apology, a membership number and informed that my membership pack would be sent out in March. Rang up hornby mid march (bearing in mind that Easter Hols are coming) and was told that the packs are been sent out in April. NOTHING TO DATE

I used to think that Hornby/Airfix were the overall best in kits etc, the kits may be good but the customer service is very poor. would it be that much to post something in the website along the lines of "we're sorry but we are experiencing delays......"? not a chance.

Hornby, you've sat on my money for the best part of half a year and all I've got so far is a number.

Is it that hard to put an update on your web site? you are seriously shooting yourselves in the foot if you carry on with unacceptable service like this..............

Judging from my current experience the Hornby Club is an absolute joke and customer service is poor.

I joined the then "Airfix Club" online at the end of November. I emailed in January only to be told i should have paid more money and "Wasn't I aware that it was going to be changed to the new "Hornby Hobbies Club" - Note to Hornby - If you're going to move the goalposts then don't advertise and accept membership online at old prices and then not tell anyone a thing!

spoke to customer diservices again and got an email saying that I would get the current membership package. Ok great news, then nothing. During this time I also ordered a Project Airfix pack for my scout troop - speedy delivery but guess what? Every kit had flyers for the "old" club and I had to stop two of my scouts from applying because thhey would no doubt encounter the same grief I had.

I finally wrote a complaining letter and sent it to Hornby Club explaining all the problems that I had, and that it would have been particularly upsetting for a young person to be waiting in excess of four months for a seemingly non existent membership pack.

Finally got an email back (a letter is too much to write?) with an apology, a membership number and informed that my membership pack would be sent out in March. Rang up hornby mid march (bearing in mind that Easter Hols are coming) and was told that the packs are been sent out in April. NOTHING TO DATE

I used to think that Hornby/Airfix were the overall best in kits etc, the kits may be good but the customer service is very poor. would it be that much to post something in the website along the lines of "we're sorry but we are experiencing delays......"? not a chance.

Hornby, you've sat on my money for the best part of half a year and all I've got so far is a number.

Is it that hard to put an update on your web site? you are seriously shooting yourselves in the foot if you carry on with unacceptable service like this..............

Totally agree mate with all your comments mate,I've already decided I wont be renewing again next year.Hornby must be aware of this thread surely a word on here would help,I even asked the admins to have a word with the powers that be but got no reply.

I have asked for a refund. I run a national association with around 800 member and respond to all emails within hours. At the start of the year, that can be an incredible amount. Add on to that the applications and renewals, sending out membership cards etc., and it's a hell of a job, but it gets done. This is a complete joke. 

Archived