HMS Illustrious

Ratch

• 7 months later...

Hi, can any one help i am after a model of the Illustrious as it was the last ship I served on in the Royal  Navy. So far I have not been able to find either of the models that airfix sold A14201 or A50059 one of which was the gift set with paints. Can any body help with a shop or website that has this model for sale I must point out I would like an unmade model please. Many thanks

Hi, can any one help i am after a model of the Illustrious as it was the last ship I served on in the Royal  Navy. So far I have not been able to find either of the models that airfix sold A14201 or A50059 one of which was the gift set with paints. Can any body help with a shop or website that has this model for sale I must point out I would like an unmade model please. Many thanks

Hi, Scrumpy61 - first of all, thank you for your service.  I just asked my mate Mr Google, he says "TrendTimes.com" toys & hobbies are advertising it, selling from the States, at £55.57 plus tax (sorry, don't know how much that would be), plus £11.40 P&P.  Stuff brought in from the USA often attracts HMRC's attention, they like to charge duty on top of all that, their website might give some guidance as to how much.  All in all, not cheap.  It could be worth e-mailing some model shops (there are quite a few to be found in Airfix Model World) one of them might have one in stock.  My partner (now wife) and I visited HMS Illustrious when she called into North Shields on the Tyne, many years ago, she was a very fine ship.

Hi, Scrumpy61 - first of all, thank you for your service.  I just asked my mate Mr Google, he says "TrendTimes.com" toys & hobbies are advertising it, selling from the States, at £55.57 plus tax (sorry, don't know how much that would be), plus £11.40 P&P.  Stuff brought in from the USA often attracts HMRC's attention, they like to charge duty on top of all that, their website might give some guidance as to how much.  All in all, not cheap.  It could be worth e-mailing some model shops (there are quite a few to be found in Airfix Model World) one of them might have one in stock.  My partner (now wife) and I visited HMS Illustrious when she called into North Shields on the Tyne, many years ago, she was a very fine ship.

Hi Aad thanks for the info. Would you believe that the night after I put up my post on this forum the Illustrious models appeared on e Bay. The boxes have been opened but all the sellers say all the parts are there still in the bags, 2 are on auction 1 is buy it now wt £130 not cheap but will see how they go. Hopefully I might have the kit I am after soon. Once again thanks for the help.