ARC APP Track selector

Hi all,I'm new here and curious about the ARC APP.it says you can list all your track pieces on the app.but is there an option where it then gives you possible track layouts with all the track pieces you have listed?

Hi Robbie,

Alas not (unless I've not found it yet) - you can only select one of the pre-loaded layouts.  More will probably be added when the catalogue is updated with the 2015 range.

Peter

• 9 months later...

Hi there,

Just want to ask a similar question before I buy the ARC Air.

I have built my own track layout, only as I needed to fit a small space... 6 x 3 ft.

Can I assume that the ARC Air won't have a 'bespoke' track setting to use? As my layout wouldn't be pre-selectable.

The app seems to have really come up short with regard to custom tracks.My own track is 26.8m long and utilises a number of track sections which are not even listed in the MY COLLECTION part selector. None of the 22.5 deg corners are listed ie. R1, R2, R3, & R4. Also the 45deg R1 is not listed together with the Short Straight. I use all of these sections except the 22.5deg R1. The section for the ARC AIR powerbase is not even listed!!

It would be nice if, when you entered your inventory the app calculated the approximate combined length of the sections using average lane length for corner sections.

Another option of more value than a picture of your track in the CUSTOM TRACKS area would be the ability to enter the length when you know it or use the calculated length from your collection. This would allow the app to calculate speeds instead of just leaving that area full of zeros after racing.

A further option I would like to see would be the ability to customise the name of races in the QUICK RACE section rather than sequential numbering of the the existing race modes. I have named my track DOWNLANDS after my property name,and it would be quite nice to have a race called the DOWNLANDS 500.

My final thought on this app is that it has plenty of good ideas that are poorly implemented.

Cheers

Sam

Archived