1/8th Norton Commando

Darryl Dyke

I think this is a repackaged Heller model. They have re-released the Honda CB750 Four, Kawasaki 1000 Godier Genoud & Laverda 750 SF Competition but not the Norton. Too English for the French?. Kickstarter is a good idea, although I haven’t figured out how to order it yet. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This kit is a modification of the original Protar/Moto Modelli kit which if following their usual practice would have had a cast metal frame and rub down transfers. I've just purchased the 2016 re issue by the French company and it carries Airfix products copyright 1979 on the seat base. A lot of box with about a third containing a plastic framed kit. At £59.99 not impressed! The moulds have obviously been cleaned up with minimal flash in a soft light grey plastic. The instructions are photocopies of the old Protar instructions, a bit like those supplied some of the older resin limited edition kits. Much like the original Airfix instructions with written directions   but unfortunately only in French. Not started the build yet but could use some English instructions.

• 7 months later...

Archived