Stingray

133 Squadron

A 1/72 kit would a great kit and hopefully one day we can see a model kit of Marineville. Although the chances seem slim as Stingray is usually overshadowed by Thunderbirds (In my opinion). Anyways I digress, let's wait and see what anyone else has to say. 

The Stingray ask has also been debated as part of the Fireball XL5 post (see seperate link). The admin comment (official I hope?) confirms the XL5 mold is not available but doesn't comment on the Stingray one??????

Airfix - If you're listening (reading?) - depending on the price, we'd all buy a few!

I would really want to get the Stingray as it was one of the most accurate shaped models made and the clever way it was split along the colour line. It would be nice with a clear ratemaster too. I hope the molds still exsist!

Yes, the Airfix Stingray seems to have been split across two threads. Anyone interested in the Stingray should check the Fireball XL5 thread, too (particularly if you can help me with my 'to build or not to build' problem.

Humbrol confirmed the Sintgray (and Fireball XL5) moulds were not in their inventory in the early 1990s.

Hi Jonathan,

I asked the admin on here directly if the Stingray mould is available. The answer was the info is 'commercially' sensitive and they're not able to comment.

You say its not possible 'Airfix' won't comment.

Hence we see enthusiasts keep asking for it in the hope it might be available.

Once they know it's not possible they'll stop.

cheers

GF

• 1 month later...

Humbrol confirmed the Sintgray (and Fireball XL5) moulds were not in their inventory in the early 1990s.

Hi Jonathan,

I asked the admin on here directly if the Stingray mould is available. The answer was the info is 'commercially' sensitive and they're not able to comment. You say its not possible 'Airfix' won't comment.

Hence we see enthusiasts keep asking for it in the hope it might be available.

Once they know it's not possible they'll stop.

cheers

GF

I'm not speaking for Hornby, purely relaying Humbrol's inventory check from the 1990s and they had no idea where the tooling was (ditto XL5) and they'd pretty much tracked down everything. I think even Airfixtorians Arthur Ward and Jeremy Brook have been unable to ascertain the fate of either mould.

Archived