Tell me more about Hornby RailMaster.

Although I'm a big fan of Virtual Railway 2, it does have its failings. On reading the moments of others that use VR2, I thought I would investigate Hornby RailMaster. Having read the introduction and watched the video, I was left a bit puzzled. Does it only work if you have your own normal actual layout set up? Can you use it on a computer screen without having an actual normal layout set up? Do you get a choice of on screen layouts? Can you build your own on screen layout like you do with VR2? Finally, would it be possible for Hornby to upgrade Virtual Railway 2 and RailMaster to run together? I live on my own in a sheltered housing flat where there's no room for a model railway of any size. So HV2 is ideal for someone like myself you suffers from lack of space. I don't expect something for nothing. If Hornby want to make money out of updating either HV2, HRM or both, I would be happy to pay for downloading items from the Hornby range in the same way I pay for and download music from itunes. To me there's room in the model railway market for both the normal way of having a model railway set up in your home and a model railway set up on your computer screen. In this day and age, the technology is there, it would be a shame not to make use of it. Your thoughts and answers to my above questions would be welcome.
SteveDJ

RailMaster is nothing like HVR. HVR is a virtual "game" which does not involve real models at all. RailMaster is a control system, allowing you to run your model trains on a real layout. You need to have a model railway and also a hornby Elite DCC controller, so it wouldn't be suitable for you in your circumstances. They are two completely different systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived