Faulty E-Link

Nick_

RT boy, hi, firstly, it has nothing to do with the internet, as it does not use it. Chrissaf, is right as usual, but in order to do what he is suggesting, you need firstly, to be able to connect. He was referring you to  a locked thread , in which i specified a connection system. Turn everything off. wait, then plug in elink, and connect usb. Wait, then turn on  computer.  Wait, wait, wait, until all flashing disc drive and other lights have stopped. Wait briefly, then click on Railmaster. At that stage, everything should connect. If it has, then, having read the thread chriss refers to, make ini file adjustment,  After that, you should be able to run your trains. Dont forget, that in your set are 3 locos, both set at factory settings, 03, and you will need to place one on prog track and give it a new cv, eg 04. or else, both will run at same time If you need any help, shout. There are some very experienced guys on here, amongst which, i do NOT count myself, but have the same set, and this worked for me. The elink is only a bridge connecting usb to RM, and just needs a connection routine, to work fine. john

Rtb, as John tells you above, follow what Chris said and it includes what John said already, nothing extra to do.

Also, you've added your post to a somewhat old thread with the title Faulty eLink. Your eLink isn't faulty, just not fully set up yet.  Don't be afraid  to start a new thread with the right title, in this instance something like eLink Connection Problems.

Archived