Airfix galleries

paul-muc

Among the members of this forum are many oldtimers, who must have built a lot of Airfix models. So now, that everybody has a digital camera, can't you wipe off the dust of your models, take some photos and upload them? The admin could take a choice and create a gallery of them just by linking to the photo(s). In the end we would have a gallery of nearly every Airfix model that ever was, perhaps in different versions.

If the photo is posted somewhere else, you don't have to post it here again. Just post the link. As example: Add new topic, like: Supermarine Spitfire Mk. Instead of posting text you click on the small button above the text field, second from the right, and add the link to your Photobucket picture. Others could join the thread if they have photos of the same type. And there we are. I hope the admin agrees. As a user I would prefer if the pictures are not too big because of the loading.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a nice idea, although as Ratch says, the Tribute Forum has something similar, and Scalemates has a very comprehensive database of the actual kits (rather than members builds, although there are some of them as well). I have some stuff on Flickr that I could link. Admins? A gallery of Airfix through the ages? Unfortunately my older stuff has fallen victim to enthusiastic movers over the years ...

Archived