Triumph TR 7 (1:24)

paul-muc

This kit was meant for a slot car. No motor, no detailing of cockpit (except dashboard and seat) and underside. I've made it a streetversion instead of the rallye version with decals and additional head lights.

/media/tinymce_upload/6894023f3fdca0e9a88172c6eaac8aa9.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/457e935183a79135cb7e3bd3f940939e.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/63973f093603f1c529602a243b8a55fe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, Nice model. I think this was the re-boxed Aoshima model from the late 70's, early 80's. It was, in that guise, a motorised free running model rather than a slot car. This was common in Japanese car kits made in the 70's and 80's. I've made both versions; the Aoshima one was the British Airways sponsored car, and both looke okay wahen made up.

Hi, Nice model. I think this was the re-boxed Aoshima model from the late 70's, early 80's. It was, in that guise, a motorised free running model rather than a slot car. This was common in Japanese car kits made in the 70's and 80's. I've made both versions; the Aoshima one was the British Airways sponsored car, and both looke okay when made up.

Oops! I did of course mean the kit was originally from Gunze Sangyo, not Aoshima.

• 2 months later...

Hi, Nice model. I think this was the re-boxed Aoshima model from the late 70's, early 80's. It was, in that guise, a motorised free running model rather than a slot car. This was common in Japanese car kits made in the 70's and 80's. I've made both versions; the Aoshima one was the British Airways sponsored car, and both looke okay when made up.

Oops! I did of course mean the kit was originally from Gunze Sangyo, not Aoshima.

Both Gunze Sangyo and Aoshima seem to have made good stabs at British sports car subjects, and have done deals with Airfix in their time. Maybe something like these deals could be brokered again in 2016? 

Archived