Point control buttons

RB51

Today I tried a little tweak of my layout in the design window and moved one pair of red/green point control icons. I now can't get them to "snap" to the new position, one goes ok but when I put the 2nd one on the grid they dash off and keep hiding under a nearby pair. I have tried removing them and putting a new pair on again - to no avail. I appreciate that this has probably been discussed before, but I can't find it, I'm tired, I've lost my glasses and it's late. Any ideas? R-

You only need to add one button and then they they both drop into place.

Delete the ones against the point in question and select a new set.  Then drag one of the buttons to the centre of the point (at the branch) and they will both jump into place.  Don't try to line them up yourself.

Today I tried a little tweak of my layout in the design window and moved one pair of red/green point control icons. I now can't get them to "snap" to the new position, one goes ok but when I put the 2nd one on the grid they dash off and keep hiding under a nearby pair. I have tried removing them and putting a new pair on again - to no avail. I appreciate that this has probably been discussed before, but I can't find it, I'm tired, I've lost my glasses and it's late. Any ideas? R-

Hi Roger,

You are trying to snap them to a point, aren't you? You just say "a new position". Also, how close is the other point where they are rushing off to?

Ray

• 2 years later...

As the topic is "point control buttons", is there any way of making the buttons invisible on the final track layout? I know that the arrows thereon can be removed via the railmaster.ini file. The buttons aren't needed because the point can be clicked to change it (confirmed by blue line) and they just clutter up the layout.

Tony, may I beg to differ.  This topic is about an issue with point buttons snapping into place correctly.  It is over 2 years old and it is complete.  I agree the tile is Point control buttons but given you have a completely different issue, why would you not start a new topic with a more descriptive title?

To answer your question, no you can’t remove the buttons, they are how the point is configured and controlled.  The point icon is just a little diagram of a point similar to other track pieces.  Even your blue line direction indicators only appear when you have point buttons correctly snapped into place on the point icon.

No problem Tony.

But again we differ.  My title for this original thread would have been “Point buttons not snapping into place correctly”, or something similar.  Mine for your question would have been “Operating points without point buttons”.  Each of these titles describes in shorthand the problems to be addressed, the original title does not in either instance.  We are given the opportunity to do just that with the title, why not use it to the max.  The most common title you find on here, including variations, is “Newbie Help”.  This tells you nothing about the problem, just a little about the person asking.  It grates on me every time I see one.

Archived