1/72 Vickers Viscount 800

Kevin Payne1707820106

With Revells release of the C-54D SKYMASTER, which seems to be going down very well with modellers, may be Airfix could counter this by producing a British designed and highly succesful turbo-prop airliner that sold all over the globe, the Vickers Viscount 800 series, which in my eyes looked more elegant than the 700 series, there are also plenty of airframes and drawings to get the proper information and Airfix to use their Lidar. The Aircraft is actually not that big so boxing and tooling costs would not be to much of an issue.

There are also no 1/72 plastic injection kits on the market, only Airways vacform 800 and 700 series, and not forgetting Mach 2 700 series, which is buildable but not great

The Viscount is one of the iconic British airliners - sold all over the world and it is odd there is no mainstream kit out there. My daughter likes the airliner kits (1/144 is more suited to her level - she is 6 and finishing off the 707) and a Viscount would be a good choice. It would be popular with civil modellers in either scale I suspect so should be a good choice for a new version. I would vote for it with my wallet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...