GWR 14xx reissue

Indiana_Jones

Wishful thinking I know, but if Hornby were to do another batch of GWR 14xx's could they do one numbered "1442", AKA the "Tivvy Bumper".

Would be nice to get my hands on one, as I missed out on the last issue of this loco and they don't seem to come up for sale very often (epsically down here in New Zealand), from what I can see on Ebay (excluding the Airfix ones).

Hi

Only if they completely re design the bucket of snot so it is heavy enough and has a powerfull enough

motor not to need the traction tyres

Mine won't haul one very late model balcony coach (lighter than auto trailer by a long way) one cattle truck

and one brake van on the level and it should not have any trouble at all with a tiny train like this.

After all they where commonly put between two Auto trailers and mine can't handle that iether

regards John

Buz, I suspect if that is the case, your traction tyres are the problem, because they've "gone off". I have had this with several engines, but a change of traction tyres has improved things greatly. Of course, if yours is a new one, then completely disregard everything I've said!

Archived