None corridor Which next

Fazy

With the lovely none corridor coaching now available such as Gresley's along with the LMS' s plus soon to be released southern coaches. What would people like to see next. I do realise the GWR seems to be missing out at the moment but with the new collet ones on the way maybe the GWR fans my wish to wait for a while as they could be facing a costly few months ahead with the coaches plus what seems to be a very decent loco list on the way. For myself I would like to see a LMS push pull coach to go with the ones already released. And if Hornby was feeling generous maybe a re-release of LMS coaching would be welcome maybe with a couple new diagrams would be extra nice. Hopefully that doesn't seem to greedy. 

What's your views

28' 6 wheeled what? That sounds like a early railway period to me which would definitely cut down what when and where it could run. 

A lot later than you might think.

As to what well how about 1st class coach composite coach luggage van brake 3rd milk van

all of which could be done in the big four liveries

By done I mean using the correct coach bodies and bits for the correct colour models not toys

There prototypical usage might be a bit limited, but we don't have any propper short coaches only the 4wh toys.

Certainly good for those orphan pre grouping loco's Hornby tends to do for which they would be main line coaches and later for branch line use.

Going on the very long life of those %$#&*^%$  four wheelers I think replaced by propper small 4 or 6 wheeled coachs they would do just as well.

Even us big kids might want then  ;-)

You did say Non corridor and these where certainly that probably just a lot smaller than the answer you expected  ;-)

regards John

The obvious choice would be an upgrade of the GWR 'B' set. A useful branch line tool if you model a GW branch line.

A more oblique idea might be the Metropolitan 'Dreadnoughts' which could happily waltz along behind the LNER L1, or LMS Stanier 4P 2-6-4Ts, both Hornby models, or the Heljan Bo-Bo, depending on which side of Rickmansworth you were.

I do like the idea of some scale 6 wheelers, but there are so many to choose from, they would need to match one of Hornby's locomotives.  

The LMS Pull & Push  driving car would be a useful one for Midland modellers , but needs something to match it. Some of the Fowler 3F 0-6-0Ts were P&P fitted I believe.

Then how about a North Eastern clerestory push pull car?  You know, the ones with the oval driver's windows?  To go with the G5? Oh silly me, Hornby doesn't yet make a G5. Come on Hornby isn't it about time you did?

Hi LC & DR 

Dreadnoughts sound interesting Uhm what's them?? have you got a picture ?? 

They sound interesting given the two Hornby loco's and the Heljan one they could run with that could be a contender once people work out there are loco's to run with they might just work as the next one.

Just let me have some scale short 4wh or 6wh coaches please ;-) there must be a suitable set that could be done.

regards John

Some fowler and stanier 2-6-4's & 2-6-2's (hint to Hornby with the 2-6-2's) where also push/pull fitted. 

The Dreadnoughts look very nice too. Could be handy for anyone with a what if layout on the Midlands section of the GCR.

How about some LNWR 30'1" 6wheeler coaches. No reason other than say ......

theres a rake of eight replicas being built.

They would be good provided they where proper models hasn't Hornby done one of its orphan loco's in LNWR livery ?

If so thats two reasons.

regards John

I 'like' the comment - rounded tops to the doors to reduce damage if opened in tunnels!

Were the passengers that daft, or were the slam-locks dodgy?

The passengers WERE that daft, and still are! That is why the UK Railway (Safety) Regulations1999  requires all train doors to be locked by the train crew when the train is moving. Nowadays only trains limited to 40 kph are legally allowed to operate with unlocked doors, so that heritage railways don't have to fit vintage carriages with electronic door locks.

Archived