TRACK PLANS

RB51

Not only that, but a wider selection of 'installation leaflets' as well. The leaflets typically one A4 page that come in product packaging. Many times we get asked questions on how to put something together and you have to rely on finding someone who has actually done it to answer.

I cite as an example the recent post about how to wire up a Skale Lighting plug. Poliss gave a link to an Australian retailer. It was the only known source of the information to be found.

Also, just look at how many loco 'Service Sheets' particularly the older models that are missing on the Hornby site. Having to resort to other WWW resources to find them.

Any Manufacturers website should be the font of all knowledge for their own products, historical as well as current.

Yes, I did realise that Fishy which is why I said "old" in my post. Another possibility would be paid for downloads. Maybe they could include a parts list also. Just a thought for the marketing dept. to ponder. R-

Marketing could take a leaf from the firm that is offering track plan packs , I.e. Plan and box of bits.

they already do track at extension packs so why not track plans to order - pick and mix in despatch Dept.

Hi Chrissaf

Probably the wrong place to post this, but I thought your "Getting Started with Track Extention Packs" was excellent. I'm past that stage, but downloaded it in case my grandchildren need some help. It is worthy of publication. Very well thought out, and should be of help to many on here - well done. BB

Archived