Railmaster Manual - Latest Version

RDS

Could someone please advise, what is the latest version number of the RailMaster manual.

I have just checked the download section of the website and it shows v1.57.  Surely, that cannot be correct, can it?

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/downloads/view/index/cat/41/

The reason I wanted to check is that I have just spent quite a while trying to find information in my latest version of the manual about the .ini file, which reminded me that I started a new thread almost a year ago suggesting that changes are required to the index.

The front cover of my version says:

Version 1.63 (plus Optional PRO pack)

(Revision October 2015)

In retrospec I find that quite odd, because I thought 1.63 was far later than Oct 15, but that is what it says on my front cover. If you run the downloaded RM installer, you will get the 1.63 manual installed.

The .INI file is on page 32 & 33 of the 1.63 manual.

You are quite correct, the 1.57 manual appears to be the latest one available as a direct download on the Hornby site.

Thanks guys.  

Yes Chris, it is also on page 32 & 33 of my v1.62 but is only referenced in the index as RailMaster.ini file.  i.e. under R and this was the whole point of my previous thread of 12 months ago, that the index needs improving. 

• 2 years later...

Yes & No,

The manual that you download from the Hornby website manuals section has not been updated to the latest version and still downloads the one marked as 1.66 Aug 2017.

So Yes 1.66 August 2017 is the latest one that is downloadable as a separate entity.

But No, it is not the latest manual version. The actual latest version is 1.67 (revision December 2017)

/media/tinymce_upload/ace228f63ab3eb28c89f865e1cfc3b4f.jpg

However, to get this latest version you have to run the installer downloaded from the top of the forum RailMaster & TrackMaster sub-form. This will install this later version on the PC with a shortcut to it on the desktop. Note that at the time of posting this reply, the RM Downloader is for RM version 1.69 r2 (there is no manual annotated in its title as being later than 1.67).

I've just found this very version (1.67 December 2017) from the shortcut to the manual on my machine!

That would be expected to be the case if you have the 1.69 r2 version installed.

I had assumed the one downloaded from the Hornby website would be the most up to date.

The Hornby website is continually lackadaisical with posting 'up to date' documentation. The version that is embedded in RailMaster itself is NOT placed there and managed by Hornby. All aspects of RailMaster (development, support and manuals) are outsourced to a third party software developing house, so there is no incentive for Hornby to keep the manuals section of the Hornby website up to date with regard to RailMaster.

Archived