LMS Wishlist

The son of Triangman

I can't really think of any of the 'mainstream' LMS types that haven't been done, or about to be done, although the low-footplate Caprotti Black 5 would be a bit different.

On the other hand, how about some of the Scottish types? Scotland is totally

ignored , on both LMS and LNER. I'm not particularly interested in Scottish locos (although I did travel from Southampton to the Severn Valley to photograph the Caley Jumbo) but Scottish fans must be getting a little frustrated.

My LMS wishlist

Fowler 3MT, Stanier 3MT, Ivatt 2MT, Deeley Dock tank 0-4-0T, Johnson 1F Half Cab, Dtannier "Push Pull" 0-4-4T, Tilbury 4-4-2T, LTS 69 class 0-6-2T, Fairburn 4MT, Fowler 4MT, Staimer 4MT, Hughes/Fowler Crab, Stanier Mogul, LMS Ivatt

Mogual, 273 class Deeley 0-6-0 Tender loco, Caprotti 5MT, Turbomotive, Kitson Dock Shunter 0-4-0ST. Fowler Dock Tank, SDJR sentinel, Fowler 7F, L&Y Works shunter, L&YR Radial tank 2-4-2, L&Y 0-6-0 Saddle tank in both tank loco and 27 class tender form. L&Y

0-6-0 Aintree Shunter built 1897, Claey Pickersgill 4-4-0.

Claedonian 0-4-4T, Caley Dock tank class 498 with side tanks, Claey 29 and 782 classes, Caledonian small goods, Caley 812 class, Claey 300 class, Midland 0-4-4T, Johnson class 2, NLR 0-6-0T

tank, Midland Beyer-Garratt's

Yep a few to be going on with all under LMS ownership at some time.

Oy, Mortehoe

Re your muttering etc - I come on here to get away from a confused old man and find another, obviously confused, old guy doing this!!! Give me a break

Diagnosed as 'bleeds in the brain' (in lay terms) and improvement cannot be

expected. Carer packages are now being looked at. Mother is a lot better than him sometimes, other times almost as bad. Tons of fun in prospect!!

Here I was having a giggle at your remarks, about my remarks about

the RT. Then you bring me down to earth with a bang !!.
The forum will not not let me put my reaction up. If you know "Blackadder goes forth" Captain Darling's remark,
"Made a note in my diary on the way over, simply says ------ ".
I am lost for

words my friend.

What about some LNWR types? A coal tank (I think that's what they are called) I think the wheels look paticularly interesting.

Turbomotive would be a nice addition - could most of it be based on the existing Princess?

Big Bertha might be

an impessive model but I think the same arguement against a GWR Great Bear would also apply - A one off with a very limited route availability.

A stanier mogul would be nice (with original domeless boiler) - I'd probably convert the model to the prototype

by fitting a GWR safety valve cover, even if Stannier ordered the original off before it went into traffic!

Horwich Dynamometer car or an inspection saloon would be nice.

What about the Stephensons Link mnotion Black 5 with original double chimney?

The

shoprt MR Goods break (although a kit for this is already available and makes up into a very nice model).

I would personally like the Rebuilt Patriot (main Hornby range) to be released in LMS livery. As yet, all of them have been in BR Green.
I'd also like the Unrebuilt Royal Scot (main Hornby range) in LMS livery to be released. I believe the opposition

to Hornby were originally going to build it, but have gone silent on it and are still producing the derivation from teh old Mainline series.

After World War 2 the LMS pretty well abandoned crimson lake and adopted black for locomotives. All new, overhauled and rebuilt locomotives were therefore painted black from 1946. I think Riddles heavily influenced this. The Patriots fitted with 2A taper

boilers and double chimneys were not converted until 1946 onwards, so strictly they can only be modelled in this form in black or BR green.

• 2 weeks later...
An LMS Deisel shunter. Ideally the one with the inside frames and jack shaft. Although I would except the 08 lookalike as the 08 Chassis could be used with a new body (LMS ones did not have the grilled boxes at the front end)

Some

of these became War Department stock.

Archived