Flying Scotsman

streaka4

Flying Scotsmen,has probably been the most modelled engine in the hornby range, 5 produced this year alone. But the version i would like to see  was shown at the British Empire Exhibition of April 1924.the scotsmen was the 3rd gresley pacific but the first engine built at Dony for the L N E R,It was specially prepared in apple green, numbers on tender,lner crest on cabside and burnished wheels and motion,it would look superb as a model.Now the point is it would be easy to do for Hornby as it has the tooling already,I refer to R2405 the model of Great Northern as built with high cab and chimney, square bufferbeam, and short travel motion. This is the same condition as scotsmen at the exhibition,so all hornby have to do is new number, crest,builders plate,job done,im not sure but i dont think scotsman has been modelled with a G N tender before,id love to see Hornby do this model,anybody think the same!

Indeed if Hornby were to produce 'Scotsman as you suggest. They could take her a step further back and run her in the original livery, i.e. un-named as 1472N, L.&.N.E.R. As well as the British Empire Exhibition livery.

• 3 months later...

Archived