Airfix 1:32 SAS in 1:76?

• 3 years later...

The figures design from 1/32 scale is already there.

If the number of poses is an obstacle (bad criticisms from Plasticsoldierreview perhaps) Airfix could perhaps choose for combining it with "Modern British Infantry" which has never been downscaled either. I don't know in how far uniforms or weapons may have become obsolete after 40 years but one could always call it "cold war" instead of "modern".

I remember during the eighties there were 1/32 sets of contemporary British, German, and Soviet Infantry, as well as the SAS. The infantry are all dated now, but It would be good to see them back again as 'Cold War' sets, as mentioned by Tomek22. The Cold War was an important part of history and I think is still waiting for the recognition it deserves. It seems like most of the worlds special forces and security teams have based their uniforms on the eighties SAS so there should be a lot of mileage left in that particular set, perhaps with a few tweaks. New sets in 1/72 would be particularly welcome.

calling them "cold war" was the idea from HoscaleGeek, but the idea is good and I like it  😉

I have never seen a set of "modern" soviet infantry in 1:32. Only the H0/00 "modern soviet infantry" figures

Modern sets I know are "Modern British Infantry", "Modern Bundeswehr" and "SAS" in 1:32. 

Please let me know if there is such a set.

The 1/32 Soviets were actually released as'Modern Russians' in 1983, apparantly they weren't available for long. When having a check on Google it also seems that in 1982 Airfix released the set of Modern Russians in 1/76 scale, that's certainly news to me.

From the Airfix Tribute Forum History of Airfix:

9 51580/51580

Modern Russians

1/32 scale.

Available as 9 51580 from 1983 to 1985.

Reissued as 51580 from 1987 to 1991.

9 01760

Modern Russians

1/76 scale.

Listed in 1983 catalogue but not issued.

Available from 1984 to 1985.

Also issued by MPC (USA) as kit number 6016 (early 1980s).