Pinch and Zoom not working on IPad

Just started building a new layout after house move. New baseboards built and first set of track and points laid. Elite and Railmaster up and running. Railmaster on the IPad connects OK and the track plan loads up but I cannot zoom in and out to change the points. Any ideas?

Two assumptions first.

1. You have you got the green WiFi beacon in the top left corner showing as green with a pulsing "signal" icon?

2. You are running version 1.21 software on your application?

I have not used my iPad for some time but I have the same issue as you in landscape mode - if I turn the iPad to portrait then points function properly - but you cannot see any throttles. There is no zoom function now either - not sure if there ever was though. The point operation only working in one orientation has not been the case previously so I imagine one of the updates has corrupted the functionality. 

I can only suggest that you report this to HRMS via the RM on screen HELP function (the "?" on the top bar > then the "E-mail Support" button next to the Hornby logo). I will do likewise.

R-

1. I have the green WiFi beacon in the top left corner showing as green with a pulsing "signal" icon.

2. I am running version 1.21 software on I Pad.

3. I cannot operate the points at all on I Pad as they are to small.

When I have got time I am going to try and send a small portion of the layout with the points in to see if I can controll the points.

Ducky

Have sent a small area of the plan to the I Pad and can operate the points from that but it would be better if I could pinch and zoom like the instructions for hand helds say i should be able.

Has anybody got the pinch and zoon to work on a I Pad.

Ducky

To bring this up to date - I have notified HRMS who have asked for details of the model and version details of my laptop and iPad. These have been sent and they are currently attempting to replicate the behaviour. R-

• 2 weeks later...

Still not got Pinch and Zoom working but have found three finger magnifier works and may be a better option as you still have the whole plan on the screen.

HRMS think it may be another app stopping it from working.

Settings/Accessibility/Zoom.

Ducky

Well, first of all, I didn't know you could do that on an iPad, so thanks for that. Odd really though as with the zoom switched on (in settings) but not enabled on the track plan the points work just fine - as they do with the magnifier enabled. Switch it off (in settings) and you are back to square one - no point operation? You are right though - no pinch and zoom with any configuration :-( R-

• 1 year later...

This is the reply I received on this problem 30-11-2017; I assume nothing has changed!

Apple made a change to their browser which disabled the pinch-to-zoom function on the app.  We are currently working on a solution and an app update will be release soon.Please reply to this email rather than create a new one so that we can see the thread.  This saves time having to find and collate previous emails to see what has been done.RegardsRailMaster Support Team

Archived