Track problem

Jollyroger73

Have just purchased a sport lap counter/timer for my sons sport hyperdrive set. All fitted together ok but the sport/Classic adapter piece which joins the counter to the main track has an issue in the depth of the grove for the cars. When the cars get to that part of the track they get thrown out of the track. Having looked closely the depth of the grove is shallower just on the middle sections of the track. Looks like an extra piece of plastic has been left in. Any advice on this before I call the shop I ordered from? Thanks. 

The C8215 is a combined lap counter and converter for those who have classic track that they want to use. If you don't have classic track then the counter you want is the version without the adapter ends so it is just a half straight long with sport digital both ends.

The problem some people get with classic is the shallower slot but I don't know if that track is shallow like the classic or if you just have a bad moulding with some plastic obstructing the slot.

I would be inclined to get in touch with the shop to see what they think. The part I am thinking of is as the ebay listing, but I am not sure it was the same track reference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scalextric-Sport-C8215-digital-lap-counter-timer-instructions-B19/162316510951?

Thanks for the reply, the weird thing is the moulding that is shallower is just in the middle sections on both lanes not at either end. The piece of track that the timer is actually on is the full depth. If the classic is shallower they should mention that in the details, it says compatible with both classic and sport. Will put a call in to the supplier tomorrow, hopefully an easy swap. 

Archived